We held this event on 2 November 2017 to set out the findings of the MaRIUS research, and what outputs are available. This event profiled the research findings on the effect and impacts of droughts and water scarcity in the UK, what outputs are available for use; what further work that is planned, and how interested parties can get involved.
The span of the MaRIUS project is large and covers physical and social science topics including: drought governance; drought options and management; community responses and environmental competency. It includes climatic aspects of drought and the derivation of a synthetic ‘drought event library’; hydrological responses both on a catchment and national scale; effects on water quality including nutrient concentration in rivers and algal concentrations in reservoirs, and effect of land use change; the ramifications on water resources on the Thames catchment and also nationally. It includes the impact of drought and water scarcity on terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems; agriculture and farming; the economy; and on electricity production.
The event was very successful and provided a key opportunity for stakeholders and researchers to meet and discuss the effect and impact of drought and water scarcity in the UK and what research outputs are available for the whole community.
Resources from MaRIUS LIVE!
Videos of all the presentations.
Information presented on the day has been archived, including:
- Slides shown during the event
- Information to delegates, including the agenda, speaker bio, summary of their research and findings
- Questions asked by the audience, using the Slido online tool – these are currently being answered and answers will appear at the link soon
- Delegate list
- Overview diagram showing the MaRIUS research topics and how they integrate
- Drought Scarcity management – report of a scenario workshop focusing on water company drought options
- Drought Primer – a report setting out how drought is governed in the England and Wales
- Environmental Competency Group Report
More information about MaRIUS
Find out more about the findings of the MaRIUS project.