- 14 March 2018 Location: Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Birmingham Event organiser: Drought …Read More »
- 28 February 2018 Location: Peterborough Event organiser: UK Irrigation Association …Read More »
- 16-18th April 2018 Location: Cranfield University Event organiser: International Water …Read More »
- Which communities and why? How best do we connect a diverse range of publics and communities with research arising from the NERC Drought and Water …Read More »
- Business impacts of water scarcity If your business didn’t have access to water or sufficient water quality, what would the impacts be? What are the …Read More »
- MaRIUS LIVE! Managing the risks, impacts and uncertainties of droughts and water scarcity was held on the 2nd of November 2017. Trevor Bishop, Director of …Read More »
Droughts and water scarcity jointly pose a substantial threat to the environment, agriculture, infrastructure, society and culture in the UK, yet our ability to characterise and predict their occurrence, duration and intensity, as well as minimise their impacts, is often inadequate.
The UK Droughts & Water Scarcity research programme is a five-year interdisciplinary, £12 million+ NERC programme in collaboration with ESRC, EPSRC, BBSRC and AHRC. It is supporting improved decision-making in relation to droughts and water scarcity by providing research that identifies, predicts and responds to the interrelationships between their multiple drivers and impacts.