- Monday 1 July 2019 Location: Priory Rooms, Birmingham Registration: Online …Read More »
- Tuesday 2 July 2019 Location: Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford …Read More »
- Wednesday, July 3rd, 2019 Location: UWE Bristol Exhibition and Conference …Read More »
- All the data, all the learnings, all the resources, all …Read More »
- Drought and Water Scarcity: addressing current and future challenges, International Conference View presentations below This international event was held at Pembroke College, University of Oxford …Read More »
- Innovative work from the DRY (Drought Risk & You) Project including storying drought, drought media and communication triggers for changing water use, will be presented …Read More »
- Experts from across the UK’s £12m drought and water scarcity research programme – About Drought – will be sharing insights at EGU2019, including Dr Katie …Read More »
Droughts and water scarcity jointly pose a substantial threat to the environment, agriculture, infrastructure, society and culture in the UK, yet our ability to characterise and predict their occurrence, duration and intensity, as well as minimise their impacts, is often inadequate.
The UK Droughts & Water Scarcity research programme is a five-year interdisciplinary, £12 million+ NERC programme in collaboration with ESRC, EPSRC, BBSRC and AHRC. It is supporting improved decision-making in relation to droughts and water scarcity by providing research that identifies, predicts and responds to the interrelationships between their multiple drivers and impacts.