- 13 September 2018 Location: Easton Campus, Easton and Otley College, …Read More »
- 18th – 20th September 2018 Location: Lancaster Event organiser: India-UK …Read More »
- 13 – 14 November 2018 Location: Radisson Blu Portman, London Event …Read More »
About Drought briefing note: Which farming areas of England and Wales are most at risk from economic losses due to drought?This briefing note looks at the effects of water scarcity and drought on crops which require supplemental irrigation, and includes some ideas on steps which …Read More »
- Print media reacted to the Environment Agency’s briefing in early January on low groundwater levels and the prospect of a summer drought with headlines ranging …Read More »
- The About Drought programme collaborated with the British Hydrological Society, University of Reading and University of Loughborough to present a national workshop on seasonal forecasting. …Read More »
Droughts and water scarcity jointly pose a substantial threat to the environment, agriculture, infrastructure, society and culture in the UK, yet our ability to characterise and predict their occurrence, duration and intensity, as well as minimise their impacts, is often inadequate.
The UK Droughts & Water Scarcity research programme is a five-year interdisciplinary, £12 million+ NERC programme in collaboration with ESRC, EPSRC, BBSRC and AHRC. It is supporting improved decision-making in relation to droughts and water scarcity by providing research that identifies, predicts and responds to the interrelationships between their multiple drivers and impacts.