- Thursday 7th March 2019, 6.30pm to 8.00pm Location: The Institution …Read More »
- 20-21 March 2019 Location: Pembroke College, Oxford University Event organiser: …Read More »
- Monday 1 July 2019 Location: Priory Rooms, Birmingham Registration: Online …Read More »
- From hydrological modelling to drought communications strategies, from Italy to Birmingham, an impressive line-up of speakers has been released for the Drought & Water Scarcity …Read More »
- If you are going to IRRIGEX on February 27-28, you can talk to our experts from the About Drought programme on Stand 10. With many …Read More »
- This About Drought brief, How to plan and manage water resources for public water supply: future directions, looks at some risks, challenges and opportunities for …Read More »
Droughts and water scarcity jointly pose a substantial threat to the environment, agriculture, infrastructure, society and culture in the UK, yet our ability to characterise and predict their occurrence, duration and intensity, as well as minimise their impacts, is often inadequate.
The UK Droughts & Water Scarcity research programme is a five-year interdisciplinary, £12 million+ NERC programme in collaboration with ESRC, EPSRC, BBSRC and AHRC. It is supporting improved decision-making in relation to droughts and water scarcity by providing research that identifies, predicts and responds to the interrelationships between their multiple drivers and impacts.