- 14 March 2018 Location: Macdonald Burlington Hotel, Birmingham Event organiser: Drought …Read More »
- 24 – 25 January 2018 Location: The Link Hotel, Loughborough …Read More »
- 28 February 2018 Location: Peterborough Event organiser: UK Irrigation Association …Read More »
- 16-18th April 2018 Location: Cranfield University Event organiser: International Water …Read More »
Newsletter sign up
- Drought and Water Scarcity Programme researchers from the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology and the British Geological Survey have published an overview of the current …Read More »
- The notion that it always rains is a pillar of the British psyche, but does it really? Real droughts only occur in far-away lands, or …Read More »
Droughts and water scarcity jointly pose a substantial threat to the environment, agriculture, infrastructure, society and culture in the UK, yet our ability to characterise and predict their occurrence, duration and intensity, as well as minimise their impacts, is often inadequate.
The UK Droughts & Water Scarcity research programme is a five-year interdisciplinary, £12 million+ NERC programme in collaboration with ESRC, EPSRC, BBSRC and AHRC. It is supporting improved decision-making in relation to droughts and water scarcity by providing research that identifies, predicts and responds to the interrelationships between their multiple drivers and impacts.